Enabling AI Controlled Vehicles
Adding the AI Control app
The first step to access the AI Controls is to add the AI Control app.
To do so, we will need to Edit the UI
Using the AI Control app
Using the App is quite straight-forward.
Simply selected the AI Mode you want the current car to have.
AI will try to drive on roads, if the level has any AI Route set up.
|If you use more than 1 vehicle, the AI mode will affect only the vehicle it has been activated on.|
- RANDOM mode : The AI will drive on random routes (if available)
- MANUAL mode : Currently not usable from the App. Allows the AI to drive to a determined position
- CHASE mode : The AI will try to catch the player. At least two vehicles are needed. Press Tab ↹ to switch between available vehicles. The AI Mode will only affect the vehicle it has been activated on.
- FLEE mode : The AI will try to escape the player. At least two vehicles are needed. Press Tab ↹ to switch between available vehicles. The AI Mode will only affect the vehicle it has been activated on.
- STOPPING: The AI will stop, disabling any AI mode.
These options are only meant for debugging purposes.
Engine Debug Mode
- Navigraph : Will highlight all available routes the AI can drive on
- Visual Log : Will highlight all the nodes available
Vehicle Debug Drawing Modes
- Speeds Mode : Provides the planned speeds and route to be taken by the AI vehicle
- Trajectory Mode Indicates the path actually taken by the AI vehicle
- Target Mode Draws a red dot that indicates the current target of the AI
For more information, look here.