Note: The rules also applies for the signature.
- Be nice and civil to others. There is another person sitting somewhere at their computer who typed that message.
- Report things you think are not alright.
- Post contributing stuff to the thread's topic.
- Re-read and improve your post. Make it easier for people to understand what you are writing.
- Post in the correct forum category.
- Ignore spammers. (Use the report button and move on.)
- Ignore flamewars & alike. (Do not feed them! Use the report button instead.)
Here's some things you should avoid:
- Pinpoint other's small errors. Everybody can make mistakes; whether it's a spelling error or a stupid question, be nice about it. This is a very international forum; English is not everyone's native language.
- Backseat moderate/play Forum police; use the 'Report' button and leave that job to our moderators.
- Harass/Bully/Threaten other users.
- Derail a thread (posts that have little to do with the thread's topic).
- Abuse Reporting/Groups/Private Messages.
- Share your account or have more than one account. (1 account per person; no secondary, backup, or multiple accounts, especially if banned.)
- Bump threads, unless it's on-topic/constructive. Screaming 'bump' when somebody bumps a thread is highly discouraged as well (that's often much more annoying).
- Exploit bugs. (Found a bug on the forums? Send a Private Message to a moderator and they will fix it as soon as possible.)
- Roleplay or play similar games on the forums; they are only allowed in private groups in order to not annoy the rest of the forums.
- Unnecessary comment what's already commented before. Check if what you want to say is already said. If you have an addition then refer to the already existing comment.
- Advertise and/or linking non-official BeamNG forum/chat anywhere on the site (example. Fan-made BeamNG Discord servers and so on). Those will be removed.
Rethink something if you are not sure it's OK. If you are in doubt: Do not do it!
Send a PM to a moderator and ask beforehand eventually.
What's strictly off-limits
Things that absolutely won't be tolerated on the forums:
- Inappropriate content. (Porn, Nazi, Sexual, Racism, Discrimination, Drugs, Gross, Piracy, NSFW, Hacking, Malware, etc.)
- Inappropriate language/behavior. (Insulting/Flaming/Harassing/etc. and being rude to other users.)
- Political, Religious, or other controversial content. The forums is not a place for that.
- Posting other people's personal information (of any kind) without their consent.
- Starting, joining and/or fueling flamewars/catfights, drama and similar.
- Creating fake/troll accounts. This type of action could lead to a permanent ban.
Posting any of these may result in:
- Post/thread being edited/removed with or without any notice.
- Warning Point. (Too many of them may lead to below...)
- BAN (either temporary or permanent, depending on the severity of the action)
|Notice: Administrators/Moderators reserve the right to edit/delete any content at any time if they feel it is inappropriate.|